There is one combination (YOGA) in Jyotish is called KAL SARPA DOSH, this is described in ancient literature as PITRA DOSH.
If all the planets in the birth chart of some person come on one side of the axis of Rahu and Ketu, known as KAL SARPA DOSH.
When a native has this combination in the chart, does not get the complete reward of his talents, the success gets delayed, unexpected loss of money. The native without any proper reason suffers from illnesses that are not cured by medicine. Native faces problems of defamation, insult, the problem in conceiving, mental disturbance, anxiety, etc. Native sees snakes in his dreams and undergoes sufferings all through his life. This Yoga negates the positive influences of the house where it starts and ends. The native suffers from a mental disorder, obstacles in a gain of wealth, barriers in conceiving, and non-stop disputes in married life, also face the deterioration of health and longevity.
There are 12 Types of Kaal Sarp Dosha:
1. Anant Kalsarp Yoga- When Planet Ketu is placed in the 7th house and Planet Rahu is in the Ascendant (Lagna) or 1st house. This yoga has serious effects on the personality of the person. It makes Native a short-tempered and disloyal person. It gives adverse impacts on the marriage as well.
2. Kulik Kaalsarp Dosha- When Planet Ketu is placed in the 8th house and Planet Rahu is in the 2nd house or house of money or Dhan bhava. This dosha can give a serious impact on earning money. It makes Native arrogant and selfish. He can be prone to sudden accidents and surgery.
3. Vasuki Kaalsarp Yoga-When Planet Ketu is placed in the 9th House (house of fortune) and Planet Rahu is in the 3rd house or house of courage, younger siblings, and effort. The impact of this Yoga can cause sudden death and loss of relatives.
4. Shankpal Kaalsarp Yoga- When Planet Ketu is placed in the 10th house or Karm Bhava (house of job and business) and Planet Rahu is in the 4th house (house of happiness or Sukh bhava). This dosha gives ill impacts in the relation with mother. Native can suffer from conspiracies from his colleagues.
5. Padam Kaalsarp Yoga- When Planet Ketu is placed in the eleventh house (aaya bhava or house of income) and Planet Rahu is in the 5th house (house of education and children). This dosha gives breaks and obstacles in case of getting an education.
6. MahaPadam Kaalsarp Yoga- When Planet Ketu is placed in the 12th House and Planet Rahu is in the 6th House (House of the enemy and illness). This dosha can give problems from the opposite side and the person may be prone to diseases.
7. Takshak Kaalsarp Yoga- When Planet Ketu is placed in the first house or Lagna and Planet Rahu is in the 7th House (house of marriage). This Yoga can bring excessive delay in the marriage. Takshak Kaalsarp Yoga gives problems from in-laws and marital life will not last long.
8. Karkotak Kaalsarp Yoga- When Planet Ketu is placed in the 1st house and Planet Rahu is in the 8th house. This yoga causes severe problems in health-wise. The Native can be prone to accidents and damage. The Native may face problems in marriage.
9. Shankchood Kaalsarp Yoga- When Planet Ketu is placed in the 3rd House and Planet Rahu is in the 9th House. The Native can have bad family relations and have a disharmony in his/ her home. The person can face bad luck in his/ her life.
10. Ghatak Kaalsarp Yoga- When Planet Ketu is placed in the 4th House and Planet Rahu is in the 10th House. Court case problems and punishment by law is possible for the dissolute behavior of the person. The Native can have less decision making capability.
11. Vishdhar Kaalsarp Yoga- When Planet Ketu is placed in the 5th House and Planet Rahu is in the 11th house. The Native travels frequently and have many problems in earning money. Problems can also arise from his/ her children.
12. Sheshnag Kaalsarp Yoga- When Planet Ketu is placed in the 6th House and Planet Rahu in the 12th House. The Native can suffer from excessive expenditure and debts. He may suffer from various diseases. His opponents can give him damage.
To reduce this Dosh, we need to perform spiritual practices, like Yagya, Puja, Meditation, etc.